Thursday, January 7, 2010

We Have a "Situation..."

While I was at work today, I got a call from someone near Binghamton who is looking to rehome a mother and four baby guinea pigs. She tried all the pet stores in the area; they are full, and there are apparently NO guinea pig rescues down there that we know of. The babies are 9 weeks old and are all still with the mom. At this point, I may be taking in two more adults, and I have a most likely pregnant mom due in a few weeks. I do have a cage on the way, and got one last night, but let's just say I'm running out of house space and cage space. If ANYONE out there would be interested in taking one or more of this person's guinea pigs, please contact me via my Gmail address. Worst case scenario, they would end up either at a pet store, or I would have to add them to the clan here. I love my pigs, but I have so many it's getting nearly impossible to give them a lot of attention (but they are very well-fed and clean).
Any help would be appreciated, even if you just pass on the website and spread the word around. I don't have any pictures right now, but one baby is an albino, two are black and white, one is tri-color, and I don't know which are boys or girls.
And check out "guinea pigs flood mealtime" on YouTube..that's how I feel right now! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment