Thursday, January 14, 2010

Post-Holiday Saturation

Although things were VERY busy around here just before and during the holidays, with both getting and adopting out piggies, everything has now slowed to a crawl. I see a lot of guinea pigs being sold or given away on Craigslist, some of them Christmas presents. Amazing how quickly people tire of their pets...
Right now, I actually have more unadoptable than adoptable pigs. Most are too old, one is still recovering from illness, some do not like being handled, and some I've simply grown attached to and can't let go. My biggest worry is the arrival of Poppy's litter, along with the five guinea pigs I'm picking up Saturday, some of which may be pregnant as well. I've asked a friend if she would be willing to help out and she said yes, so I don't get completely overwhelmed, but we are most likely in for a bumpy road ahead!
Adopting any animal should be a commitment to its life, not a spur of the moment decision. I'm hoping to find the pups homes, but if not, they will have their forever homes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment