Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Taking a Break

I am going out of town from Thursday to next Monday, so if anyone contacts me through my Gmail account, I won't be able to answer you right away. I always try to be prompt in responding to people, so please be patient..if you do write to me, I will get back to you as soon as I'm home!
In the meantime, since the holidays are approaching, why not consider making a donation to one of your favorite charities? Don't have one? You can find thousands of them on the Internet! While national charities are fine, I tend to support those who are local. Some great local animal welfare groups are the Oswego County Humane Society, Oswego County Animal Welfare League/SPCA, Paws Across Oswego County, and Wayward Paws. Or, check out The Hunger Site, which will also connect you to a few other sites where you can make a free click daily that will donate food, health care, books and more! If you order gifts through these sites, your giving goes even further! And believe it or not, food pantries can always use donations of pet food as well as regular food. People who can't feed themselves certainly can't feed their pets!
Times are tough this year, but every little bit helps. If you're able, please make sure to help someone who's less fortunate this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment