Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Frustration

I'm a little frustrated with both people who don't get back to me about adoptions and the others who don't get back to me about possibly giving me their guinea pigs. I feel that the least anyone can do is say yes or no...don't leave us hanging. Just because we're a rescue doesn't mean we're not human beings with feelings. Common courtesy would ask that you at least respond one way or the other!!! If you're on Craigslist and have already found a home for your animal, PLEASE remove the ad or at least say your pet is gone. If you want to adopt and call several times saying "I'm busy, etc." then at least let us know you can't do it now. What I'm doing is trying to take in guinea pigs that need homes, and for all the people who "wanted" to adopt...you're not helping by being indecisive. I can't take in more until I adopt a few more out, so if you're serious, yes, please contact me, but I'm getting sick of people who can't seem to make up their minds. I know I'm not the only rescuer who feels this way; it applies to every rescuer of every type of animal. Just give us the courtesy of an answer either way so we can try to get our pets into a safe, secure home.

1 comment:

  1. It is pretty frustrating, I completely understand. Luckily most people have eventually gotten back to me, but I just keep a list of who is on hold and the rest are up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete