Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2010 Goals

I've been doing a lot of thinking about ways to move forward with the rescue, even though I have a lot of guinea pigs right now (29). I have two particular goals in mind for 2010; I know we are halfway through the year, but I believe both are achievable.
1. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I would like (if I have space) to get a few female guinea pigs from the State Fair in August/September. Ideally I will get two. These guinea pigs get sold for very cheap as soon as they are done showing, and because they are purebred and show material, I'd like to keep two out of the hands of breeders.
2. I am thinking, now that I will be working again part-time, that I would like to set up a small fund to help keep guinea pigs with their adopters in times of financial crisis. If someone adopts from me and then loses their job, etc., I would like to pay for food and bedding so that the pets can stay in their adoptive homes. I am always willing to take guinea pigs back, but moving from home to home can be very stressful for them, so I try to keep it to a minimum.
I think those two are ok for now. I am also trying to find out from Tractor Supply when we can get back there, as we now have five new piggies to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment