Friday, October 23, 2009

Welcome to the OCGPR blog/website!

Hi everyone! I just got this set up a couple days ago, so please bear with me as I (slowly) figure out how this all works. I just uploaded some new pictures, with brief stories about the guinea pigs. As of this writing, I have 28 guinea pigs (also called cavies). It's hard to believe this rescue started with only two...a father/son pair given to us in 2003 by a former neighbor. Since then, we have had 86 guinea pigs come and go. Some of my little guys are getting pretty old...too old to adopt out, so they will remain here for the time they have left. They will enjoy fresh produce several times a day, clean cages, full water bottles, and love from myself and my younger daughter, Morgan, who is my guinea pig helper!

I am always here to answer any questions you may have about guinea pig care, adoption, etc. I check e-mail several times a day, and I can be reached on my cell phone. I'm hoping to hear from people as the blog gets more notice...I will also be linked with the Oswego County Humane Society, Kritter Kronickles Magazine, and the Oswego County Animal Welfare League/SPCA.

Thank you all for your support so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment