Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Adopted...Brandon and Zippy

I have been so behind in the blog that I don't even remember if I posted these guys, but they went to their new home tonight. We had expected the family to take the four "Brats" but they felt that four guinea pigs would be too many, and the daughter fell in love with the boys. The cage had to be disassembled to fit in the car but they are in a great new home!
Fortunately, no one has passed in the last two weeks. We did take in three 4-week old babies, one female and two males..the female has already gone on to her new home, and the boys are leaving in the next few days to be companions for other guinea pigs.
Because of the recent adoptions, I was able to call someone on my "waiting list" and tell them that I could take four of their group of 8 guinea pigs. On Friday, I am picking up a mom and three babies, who will be 6 days old. They will remain with the mom for at least two more weeks, and will then be available for adoption as well. Another person called to see if I could take two females, but I had to turn her down for now..we only have room for so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment