Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jillian Goes to the Vet (Tomorrow)

Jillian, who came to us with her daughter Toffee, has an abscess on her backside that until today had been fine. When I cleaned the cage this morning, I saw that it had burst, oozing pus and blood. We got most of it cleaned up and I separated her from Toffee, putting her in a cage with fleece so that nothing will get stuck inside the wound. The earliest I could get her into the vet's was tomorrow at 10 a.m., and since it is not life-threatening and she is acting normal (eating/drinking and running around), I decided to go to the regular vet and not to emergency care. She will probalby get a bath tonight as she smells REALLY bad, but from the looks of it, she should be ok and I doubt the abscess will return once it's treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment