Monday, September 13, 2010

Running Out of Adoptables

Not that it's a bad problem to have, but I am nearly out of adoptable guinea pigs. Rascal was adopted yesterday, and Almond was adopted just before we left on vacation. That basically leaves Luigi and Rocky, and I do have someone interested in Foxy and Roxy even though they are a little bit older.
I don't want to disappoint people when they come out to meet the piggies, but right now this place is almost a nursing home! I have one pair who is 6 and many pairs who are around 4-5. Guinea pigs live on average from 4-8 years, and if someone is getting one for their child, an older guinea pig is not a good option as it might result in heartbreak if the pet passes away.
So, right now things are very quiet on this front...I will probably call Tractor Supply and see if I can get out there next Saturday with whoever is left.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be glad to bring a few out to Clay for next Saturday. We have 15 adoptables and babies on the way.. should be due any day.

    Congrats on having enough people wanting your piggies. I haven't heard anything in awhile about adopting.

    ReplyDelete