Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Donate Button...Hooray!

You may have noticed that we now have a donate button on our site, courtesy of Mary Green from CNY Piggies. Mary is a little more computer savvy than I am; I tried to do it myself and failed miserably, so I had to enlist some help! The money will go straight into PayPal. I'm going to mark our post about expenses, so everyone can see the general breakdown of what we spend on the guinea pigs. These expenses are mainly for pellets, bedding, and produce. We do take our guinea pigs to the vet whenever needed, but these expenses are few and far between. So far our most expensive single bill was about $600, when Nova was hurt and needed staples (he was only four days old). Other than that, we average $40 a week on food and bedding.
We are not an official "nonprofit" in New York, but we do NOT make any profits on adoption fees or donations. I am also still hoping to get funding so that we can provide emergency assistance to people who want to keep their piggies but can't afford to.

No comments:

Post a Comment