Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Visitation"

I have a few guinea pigs that I've kept here as permanent residents because the previous owners requested "visitation rights." As a result, I have several guinea pigs that are perfectly adoptable, but remain here at the request of the original owners.
I've decided I can no longer do this, and I will let people know when they are surrendering their guinea pigs. Adoptable guinea pigs may be sent on to a new home if the adoption application is approved, and believe me, I don't let my animals go to just anyone. The application requires vet and personal references and asks VERY detailed questions about the new home. As always, any guinea pigs that do not get adopted remain here until their final days. And trust me, they are all spoiled rotten! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment